Who are we and what do we do
The Performance and Improvement Service is responsible for the development and co-ordination of the Council’s Improvement and performance work. This includes the Single Outcome Agreement, the Corporate and Improvement plans, and the monitoring of departmental and service planning and reporting.
The most recent versions of our key plans, monitoring reports and guidance are set out on these pages.
Performance Reporting - recent information
- Benchmarking Report (PDF)
- Shetland Indicators (Excel)
- Read our press release "New 'benchmarking' on local authority performance"
- Statutory Performance Indicators - comparison with other authorities (PDF)
View our interactive Council Action Plan diagram (PDF) to see all the key plans listed below and the relationships between them.
Council Action Plans
- Council Action Plan (PDF) Covering Report (PDF)
- Savings Reviews and Assessments (PDF)
- Council Single Outcome Actions (PDF)
- Council Improvement Actions (PDF)
Departmental and Service Plans
|2012/13 Plans||Quarter 1||Quarter 2||Quarter 3||End of Year|
|Community Care||Performance Report|
|Children's Services||Performance Report||Performance Report|
|Corporate and Executive Services||Council Action Plan||Improvement Progress|
Guidance and Templates
- Planning and Performance Management Framework (Powerpoint file)
- Shetland Performance Framework (PDF)
- Shetland Improvement Framework (PDF)
- Performance Management and the Golden Thread (PDF)
- Planning and Performance Management calendar, accountability and responsibilities (PDF)
- Best Value Guidance from Audit Scotland
- How Good is Our Council? Guidance (PDF)
Contact us at:
Performance and Improvement
Shetland Islands Council
8 North Ness Business Park
Tel: 01595 744513 or 01595 744672