Development Grant Aid Scheme
This grant scheme can support community groups or voluntary organisations with small "one off" special projects or a series of projects.
Following our recent Grant Aid Review, we have made some changes to our Development grant aid scheme.
The main changes are as follows:
- Groups with bank balances in excess of £10,000 will be asked to confirm what the funds are for.
- Any incomplete applications must be completed within 2 months of the date we receive them, or they will be withdrawn.
- The maximum Development Grant available has decreased. See Guidelines for full details.
- Adult groups applying for grant assistance towards travel costs for off island events/competitions shall only be considered for financial support if they are representing Shetland, the region or a national body. The only exception is where the travel is for a course or an event that enables the participant(s) to make a further contribution to their group or the wider community.
You'll need Adobe Reader version 9 or later to be able to save and edit the forms.
Download the latest version of Adobe Reader to read and fill in our PDF documents and application forms.
- Please read the scheme guidelines before you complete your application.
- If you are using an Apple Mac, please make sure you complete the form in Adobe - otherwise, we won't be able to see your answers!
- If you have any questions, please phone the Grants Unit on 01595 743827 or 743828 or email