27th June 2012
HM Inspectors find ‘confident, independent children’ at Burra Playgroup
The Burra Playgroup has received a very positive report from HM Inspectors, following a visit in May.
The inspection highlighted a number of key strengths:
- Confident, independent children who are enthusiastic about their learning;
- Skilled, caring staff who have created a happy and supportive playgroup;
- Very effective use of the rich local environment to enhance learning;
- The development of children’s physical skills through a high-quality programme;
- The commitment of the manager and staff to improving the playgroup.
The Inspector made numerous positive comments in her report, saying that children are ‘motivated and enthusiastic’ about their activities, and are learning and achieving very well.
She refers to the ‘cheerful and humorous’ staff who make learning fun for children, and says the manager and staff work very effectively together, and all are committed to providing the highest quality of provision.
Chair of the Education and Families Committee Vaila Wishart has welcomed the news: “Staff should be congratulated for their commitment to ensuring that young children get the best start in life.”