Carbon Reduction and resource use
In March 2011 the SIC approved a governance structure for the Carbon Reduction Strategy with the aim of achieving the national carbon reduction targets. For more information see Carbon Reduction, Sustainability and the Council below.
To find out about our Carbon Reduction Awareness Campaign or for ideas on what you can within your service please use the menus on the left.
Carbon Reduction, Sustainability and the Council
Government has stated that moving to a low carbon economy is an environmental and economic necessity.
Shetland Islands Council must be seen to deliver on its:
- legal requirements under the Climate Changed (Scotland) Act 2009
- defined outcomes in the Single Outcome Agreement
What benefits will we get by doing this?
- legal compliance
- financial savings through efficiencies in operation
- environmental benefits through reduced resource use
In March 2011 Council agreed a new Council wide structure to deliver on its carbon commitments. This will:
- maintain momentum and effectively coordinate and monitor progress across services
- report regularly to the Corporate Management Team and to Committee
- deliver an awareness raising and support programme for all services from June 2011
Environment and Energy Service on tel:01595 744850 or email us at email@example.com