Disabled band relief
Disabled Band Relief
You may be able to claim this reduction if:
- someone living at this address is permanently disabled
- the property you are claiming the reduction on is the disabled person's sole or main residence and the property must contain at least one for the following:
- there is an additional bathroom or kitchen within the property or;
- a room, but not a bathroom, kitchen or lavatory, which is mainly used by the disabled person or
- sufficient floor space to permit the use of a wheelchair.
If the interior of a house has been structurally altered for a disabled resident, the Council Tax may be charged at the next band lower than that shown in the Valuation List.