Young Person Guarantee Scheme
The Young Person Guarantee is a Scottish Government scheme providing funding to employers to create new 6-month job placements for 16 to 24 year olds. Care experienced young people can be supported through this funding up to 29 years old.
We are currently in the process of finalising details for the scheme in 2022 and will update this page in due course.
Rules of the Roles
The job roles shouldn't require people to undertake extensive training before they begin and they must be new jobs, not replacing an existing job or planned vacancy, or cause an existing employee or contractor to lose or reduce their employment. Young people entitled to support through this fund are those who are:
- Unemployed (excluding those in full time education);
- About to leave school without a positive destination;
- School leavers without a positive destination;
- In low paid employment;
- At risk of redundancy;
- At risk of losing an apprenticeship;
- Leaving training, volunteering, college or university without a positive destination;
- Without qualifications at SCQF 5 or above; or
Register your interest in providing a placement
To register your interest, please complete our expression of interest form and we will be in touch to discuss your application. Completing this form does not mean you must provide the placement, it is just the start of the process as we consider your application.
If you would like more information, please contact us on 01595 744 490 or email email@example.com