This scheme is designed to support individuals living in low income households to participate in national and international events.
We will consider funding for:
- Travel and accommodation costs away from Shetland;
- Travel and accommodation for an accompanying parent / guardian for individuals under the age of 18, where required;
- Subsistence costs up to £20 / day;
- Entry fees.
We will not fund:
- Retrospective costs;
- Conferences and seminars;
- Holidays and general entertainment costs, e.g. cinema, theme parks;
- ‘In kind’ non cash costs;
- Equipment and materials;
- Publicity and promotion costs;
- Local travel and accommodation costs;
- Capital projects;
- Costs that should be met by statutory bodies;
- Any other costs which are deemed non-essential.
We hope that it will make a real difference to the quality of life of people living in Shetland, whilst also raising the profile of Shetland, elsewhere in the UK and across the world.