IJB strategic plan
The IJB is responsible for strategic planning of the functions delegated to it by the Council and the Health Board and for the preparation of the Strategic Plan.
The IJB Joint Strategic Commissioning Plan describes how health and care services can deliver services into the future that meet need, and continue to be safe, effective and of quality. The plan describes how these services can be delivered, jointly, across the services in the Shetland Islands Health and Social Care Partnership’s Integration Scheme.
Our challenge is to genuinely change the way that we work to and make sure that services are integrated around the needs of individuals, their families and unpaid carers and are not built around the convenience of organisations.
We want to grow a system where skilled staff and volunteers are trusted to do the best they can for the individuals that we serve within a safe and open learning environment and we look forward to working with the Shetland community to make that happen.
The Joint Strategic (Commissioning) Plan specifies the services to be delivered by the Parties. The strategic plan for the years 2019-2022, was approved by the IJB on the 13th of March 2019, and you can read the strategic plan in full here (Add strategy plan pdf)
Key Strategic Documents
- 2019-2022 Joint Strategic Commissioning Plan (PDF, 1.67MB)
- Palliative and End of Life Care Strategy 2019-2022 (PDF, 1.0MB)
- Primary Care Strategy
- Oral Health Strategy
- Dementia Strategy
- Mental Health Strategy
- Shetland's Autism Spectrum Disorder Strategy 2016-2020
- Participation and Engagement Strategy
- Risk Management Strategy
- Equalities Statement 2016-17
Annual Performance Reports
- Shetland Integration Joint Board Annual Performance Report 2018-19
- Shetland Integration Joint Board Annual Performance Report 2017-18