how can we help you?
Choose a question below and we’ll quickly take you to the information that will help…
a to z
of council services
Search through all our departments by clicking the link below...
A-Z Service Directory
- Do I need planning permission / consent?
- How do I make an application?
- How do I view / comment on or object to a planning application?
- What is the current planning policy?
- What new planning policy is coming?
- What planning advice is available for developers & the public?
- Where are Shetland's historic buildings and areas?
-Do I need consent?
- Who do I contact if I have a query?
- When do I need a building warrant?
- After I get the warrant, what happens next?
- Do I need permission?
- How do I get it right first time?
- Who can help with flooding & coastal erosion?
- Where can I access the countryside in Shetland?
- What areas and sites are protected in Shetland?
View local development Plan
Make a marine-related planning application
core paths plan
Planning Performance Framework 2014-2015