Our overall aim is to provide a positive and responsive customer orientated service, which is efficient, cost effective and achieves the highest possible level of service.
Our Customer Charter is designed to provide reasurance of the quality level of serivce provided by Building Standards.
We have set key performance aims:
- A member of the Building Standards team will provide advice and guidance at our offices at 8 North Ness Business Park from 9.00am to 10.30am Monday to Thursday.
- A member of staff will be available to accept telephone calls during normal office hours.
- We will respond to any letters or emails within 3 working days of receipt.
- We will confirm acceptance or conditional acceptance of a building warrant application by post within a period of 10 working days of receipt.
- We will carry out a technical check for compliance with the building regulations, and approve, or issue a first report letter (as appropriate) for 95% of all accepted warrant applications, within a period of 20 working days from submission.
- We will accept, reject, or agree to a time frame for the consideration of a Completion Certificate submission within a period of 10 working days from receipt.
Our performance is annually verified and reported on and these reports can be found on the councils performance pages