Fair Food- For Individuals
Are you new to growing or would you like to increase your skills in growing food in Shetland?
Do you lack access to land to grow or do you wonder what vegetables you can grow in flower pots? Getting in touch with Grow Shetland is a good place to start.
Grow Shetland is a 3 year project supporting individuals, groups, schools and communities to grow more of their own food.
Grow Shetland can:
- Help you think through your ideas
- Support you to start growing
- Support you to improve your growing
- Help you gain knowledge, skills and confidence to be productive in your growing
- Provide Shetland specific growing advice
- Signpost to services to help you find and access land for growing
- Help you think through opportunities for food sharing
- Provide information on composting and reducing food waste
- Provide volunteering opportunities with a food growing focus
Information, support and advice is available through online and face to face consultation, site visits, training, facts sheets, videos and mentoring by growers in your own community. Get in touch at: GrowShetland – Learning to grow fruit & veg in Shetland
Grow Shetland is run by Transition Turriefield, a community food growing project, which has been growing fruit and vegetables for the Shetland community since 2011. The social enterprise has also been supporting others to grow their own since 2014. More information can be found about Transition Turriefield at www.turriefieldveg.co.uk