Islesburgh offers provision of facilities for groups and promoters to stage performances within the centre. These include regular festivals such as the Shetland Folk Festival and Shetland Accordion & Fiddle Festival. They also include one-off events such as concerts as part of the Shetland Schools Music Week.
Rooms are also used for meetings, training, social functions, weddings, birthday parties and club nights.
Public spaces such as the foyers on the ground and first floors are used as exhibition spaces for visual arts and can be booked through our reception.
Display cabinets are available for exhibitions throughout the year. Further Details and information is available from Islesburgh reception.
For more than 10 bookings a Block Booking Request Form can be filled in.
|Voluntary Organisations, Charities, Health & Fitness Groups||Session||Extra Hours after 11pm|
|Meetings & Activities||£20.60||£11.70|
|Room 16 Meetings & Activities||£50.00||£22.70|
|Room 16 Social Functions||£105.00||£43.20|
|Radio Room & Room 13 (2 hours)||£12.30||£11.70|
|Standard Charge||Session||Extra Hours after 11pm|
|Meetings & Activities||£51.50||£22.00|
|Room 16 Meetings & Activities||£84.00||£56.50|
|Room 16 Social Functions||£178.00||£65.00|
|Radio Room & Room 13 (2 hours)||£27.50||£22.00|
|Room 16 Children's Parties||£56.50||N/A|
Room Hire Notes
- Sessions last for a period of up to 4 hours ie Morning 9.00 - 13.00 Afternoon 14.00 - 18.00 Evening 18.30 - 22.30 except Saturday evening when the building closes at 18.00
- Islesburgh Community Centre is normally closed on Sundays. However bookings for larger scale events may be accommodated with prior arrangement
- The Radio Room and Room 13 can be booked on a two hourly basis for meetings. These times are set as follows; 09.00 - 11.00, 11.00 - 13.00, 14.00 - 16.00, 16.00 - 18.00, 18.30 - 20.30, 20.30 - 22.30. If either of these rooms are required outside of the hours printed above the charge will revert to a normal four hour session rate
- A 10% discount is available for block booking of 10 room hires or more
- A 20% discount is available for large scale events which exclusively occupy the first floor or more of Islesburgh Community Centre
- A 50% concession in charges is available to Senior Citizen Groups, Under 18 Groups and Additional Support Needs Groups
- Eligibility to recieve 50% concession is based on an organisation's purpose and/or their target membership falling in one of the above categories
- These reductions apply to voluntary sector room bookings only, not catering or equipment hire
- Voluntary sector groups in receipt of the 50% reduction on room hires will not be eligible for an additional 10% or 20% reduction
- Organisations wishing to make block bookings for a specific room must submit their application by 30th June each year for bookings during the period 1st January - 31st December the following year
- Block bookings will be confirmed by 31st July for booking during the period 1st January - 31st December the following year
- Bookings for large scale events can be made at any time for up to two years in advance of the start of the year
- Room bookings for one-off meetings or activities can be made at any time up to one year in advance
- Bookings requiring a set-up period will be charged the applicable room hire rate for this period
- Cancellations of room bookings must be confirmed at least 24 hours before date or the full charge is payable. These bookings will not be transferred to another date.
- Cancellation of large scale events must be confirmed at least one month in advance or 25% of the full charge is payable
- All late night functions ending at midnight or later will incur an additional charge for guest departure and clearing up
- Footwear policy: Please be advised that stilleto heels or footwear of any kind which may harm our floor, must not be worn
A selection of the rooms available for hire