There are changes in local eligibility for the Strategic Framework Business Fund, following the Scottish Government’s decision to place Shetland in COVID protection Level Three.
This fund offers grant support for businesses required to close by law or to significantly change its operations due to COVID-19 restrictions. Specifically, the fund provides:
- Temporary Closure Grant - a grant of £2,000 or £3,000 (depending on rateable value) for businesses required to close by law, payable every four weeks for the duration protective measures are in place;
- Business Restrictions Grant - a grant of £1,400 or £2,100 (depending on rateable value) for businesses that remain open but are specifically required to modify their operations by protective measures, payable every four weeks for the duration measures are in place
Funding will cover any closures/restricted operations from 2 November 2020 and will be paid in arrears on a 4-weekly basis. Applicants do not need to reapply if restrictions are extended beyond four weeks, or if the Level changes.
Under Level 3, the following types of business will be eligible:
Temporary Closure Grant
- Pubs that do not serve food
- Mobile closecontact services (with the exception of hairdressers, barbers and driving instructors)
- Cinemas, arcades, soft play, funfairs, Indoor bowling, theatres, snooker/pool halls, comedy clubs, concert halls, sports stadiums, conference or exhibition centres, music venues, casinos, bingo halls, nightclubs
Business Restrictions Grant
- Restaurants, licenced cafes, pubs, bars, licenced social and sports clubs (no alcohol at any premise. Indoor and outdoor: no admittance after 5pm, closure 6pm)
- Hotels and other licensed accommodation – no alcohol after 18:00. Meals until 22:00. Alcohol allowed in rooms
- Sports and other facilities no longer able to provide group exercise, includes dance studios, exercise class/yoga studios, indoor soccer centres
Further information can be found on the Scottish Government’s business support site.
The online application form can be found here.
Businesses who previously applied for and received support through the Business Hardship Fund in October 2020 should note that a further application must be submitted for the Strategic Framework Business Fund.
Any businesses with specific queries can contact Business Gateway Shetland