As part of the first phase of consultation on the Community Council Scheme Review, a number of drop-in events will be held later this month.
Members of the public are welcome to attend any of these events, where Council officers will be able to discuss any queries about the review and take feedback on the proposed boundaries options.
Drop-in events have been arranged throughout Shetland as follows:
- Whalsay Junior High School – Tues 14 November 2023, 5.30pm – 8.30pm
- Aith Public Hall – Wed 15 November 2023, 5pm – 8pm
- Brae High School – Thu 16 November 2023, 5pm – 8pm
- Mid Yell Junior High School – Mon 20 November 2023, 5pm – 8pm
- Scalloway Public Hall – Wed 22 November 2023, 5pm – 8pm
- Cunningsburgh Public Hall – Tues 28 November 2023, 5pm – 8pm
- Islesburgh Community Centre (Room 16), Lerwick – Thu 30 November 2023, 5pm – 8pm
For residents of Fair Isle, Fetlar, Foula, Papa Stour and Skerries, an online meeting will take place on Microsoft Teams from 7pm-8.30pm on Wednesday 29 November 2023. Island residents are asked to contact Michael Duncan, Community Council Liaison Officer, to request a Teams link to join this meeting.
More information about the Community Council Scheme Review can be found online at www.shetland.gov.uk/ccschemereview