Jubilee Flower Park
Officially opened in 1953 by the Duke of Edinburgh and formally named the King George V Park, The Jubilee Flower Park and adjacent play area are placed between King Harald Street and St Olaf Street in the centre of Lerwick.
The Flower Park is open all year and impressive floral displays can be seen during the spring and summer months. During this period there are numerous park benches placed at various positions around the park making it a delightful place to visit, relax and admire the view.
Between May and September the park also offers Bowling, Putting and Tennis, these activities can be booked and equipment hired by contacting Islesburgh Community Centre on 01595 745100, which is just situated across the road.
The park is maintained by gardners Diane and Robynn and annual plants seen in the park are grown from seed in the nearby Hillhead greenhouses. An interesting insight into their work in the park throughout the year can be seen in the monthly Jubilee Flower Park Blog.