Who can apply?
We expect all applicants to demonstrate that they –
- Are registered with the Care Inspectorate;
- Are working towards / have achieved a Grade 4 or above inspection result;
- Are committed to long term quality improvement.
You can apply for an Early Learning and Childcare Fund grant if: –
- You are Shetland based;
- You are registered by the Care Inspectorate to provide a Day Care of Children Service i.e. you are a Partner Provider, Childminder, Voluntary or Private Sector Organisation delivering Day Care;
- You have an open constitution or equivalent set of rules which clearly defines your organisation’s aims, objectives and procedures*;
- You have a bank or building society account in the name of your organisation which requires at least 2 signatures on each cheque or withdrawal*;
- You can enclose your most recent annual accounts which have been certified as true by a person independent of your organisation.
* Exceptions can be made for sole traders or where organisations operate debit cards