Who can apply?
We expect all applicants to demonstrate that they –
- Are registered with the Care Inspectorate;
- Remain active for at least 36 months from the date of the grant offer letter;
- Have met the National Standard for Early Learning and Childcare Providers, including Care Inspectorate quality evaluations of good or better on all themes.
Your organisation can apply for a Funded Provider Setting Improvement grant if: –
- You are based in Shetland;
- You are a childcare provider and registered by the Care Inspectorate to deliver a Pre-school service;
- You have been accepted onto the Early Learning and Childcare Flexible Framework;
- You have been awarded a contract under the Framework with Shetland Islands Council for the provision of funded ELC;
- You have an open constitution or equivalent set of rules which clearly defines your organisation’s aims, objectives and procedures *;
- You have a bank or building society account in the name of your organisation which requires at least 2 signatures on each cheque or withdrawal *;
- You can enclose your most recent annual accounts which have been certified as true by a person independent of your organisation;
- You spend the grant within 12 months from the date of grant offer letter.
* Exceptions can be made for sole traders or where organisations operate debit cards