Shetland Islands Council Planning Service is open for business and operating as normally as possible with all staff currently working from home – please note the following:
- We will not be able to provide a duty officer service at 8 North Ness until further notice.
- Staff will not be available to carry out normal site visits or site inspections until further notice.
- In the instance that construction work continues, Applicants / Agents must still notify Building Standards of any inspection stages as per their CCNP. The relevant case officer will then contact you to agree possible alternative arrangements to demonstrate compliance.
- As the public inspection of documents at 8 North Ness is not possible at this time, all information will be made available to view online where possible. This is in line with Scottish Government advice.
- Planning, marine planning and works licence applications can be viewed by clicking on the following link: view & search planning applications
- Site Notices are now being published online on the site notices page
- Building standards applications and notices can be viewed by clicking on the following link: view and search building standards applications and notices
- We will be checking paper correspondence sent to 8 North Ness infrequently, so please use email and online facilities.
- There may be some delays in responding to enquires and processing your planning, marine planning or building warrant applications during this period.
- Applications can still be submitted via the ePlanning or eBuilding Standards Portals, and online for Marine Planning. These will be received and processed as soon as is practicable.
- Wherever possible, please make payment for applications and warrants using credit/debit card via the Shetland Islands Council Secure 24hr Internet Payments Service under the section ‘Miscellaneous Items – Planning’. If you wish to pay by bank transfer, please contact us using the relevant email address below.
The latest coronavirus planning procedures issued by the Scottish Government on 3 April 2020 can be viewed at: https://www.gov.scot/publications/planning-procedures-and-covid-19/
Where possible please get in touch with individual officers by email. If you need to get in touch with our reception please phone 01595 744293 or you can email the relevant team, as below:
- For Planning Applications, listed buildings and enforcement:
- For Development Planning, built and natural heritage and outdoor access: email@example.com
- For Building Standards and building warrants:
- For Marine Planning:
- For Flooding and Drainage