Charges for residential care homes
Residential care home charges are subject to an assessment of a resident’s means.
The maximum charge in any of the care homes operated by Shetland Islands Council in 2022/23 will be £1,490 per week. These charges are reviewed annually.
Care homes operated by Shetland Islands Council are:
- Edward Thomason & Taing Support Services, Lerwick
- Fernlea Care Centre, Whalsay
- Isleshavn Care Centre, Mid Yell
- Montfield Support Services, Lerwick
- Nordalea Care Centre, Unst
- North Haven Care Centre, Brae
- Overtonlea Care Centre, Levenwick
- Wastview Care Centre, Walls
Temporary Care Charges
All residential care settings are £318 per week. The temporary care rate applies for 8 consecutive weeks only; thereafter the full cost is applied. Daily rates are 1/7 of the weekly charge.
Further information can be found in our leaflet - CC05 - Charging for Permanent Residential Care