Early Learning and Childcare Provision

Eligible Two Year Olds

Two Year Olds

Children aged 2 years old could be eligible for funded early learning and childcare if:

  • their parent or carer is in receipt of certain benefits (listed below); or
  • they are care experienced:
    • looked after by a local council;
    • in kinship care; or
    • have been appointed a guardian.

Parents and carers who have experience of care can also access funded early learning and childcare for 2 year olds.

Eligible benefits are:

  • Income support
  • Jobseeker's Allowance (income-based)
  • Employment Support Allowance (income-based)
  • Incapacity Benefit or Severe Disablement Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit and your income is less than £17,005
  • Both Maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit and your income is under £7,920
  • Support under Part VI of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Universal Credit with household take-home pay is £660 a month or less

Please note: Income thresholds for Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit can vary annually.

When you complete the registration form you will be asked to provide evidence of your eligibility.

We will provide all eligible two year olds an early learning and childcare place from the day after their second birthday.