Vacancies through the Young Person Guarantee
The Young Person’s Guarantee aim is to help young people aged 16 – 24 find a job, apprenticeship, further or higher education course, training programme or volunteering opportunity based on their goals and ambitions.
The Shetland Islands Council are administering an employer recruitment incentive scheme to help young people into employment.
Employers who sign up to the Young Person Guarantee scheme offer 6 month placements which are only available to young people aged between 16 and 24 (up to 29 years old if care experienced) and those that meet the criteria below. Placements will be 25 hours per week although an employer may choose to offer more hours.
If you are a young person looking for work, please contact our Employability Team on 01595 744 490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist in approaching employers to see if they would be interested in offering a placement through the Young Person Guarantee scheme while also offering you employability support. .
To be eligible for a vacancy under the Young Person Guarantee Scheme you must be:
- Aged between 16 – 24 years old (up to 29 years old if care experienced)
- Unemployed (excluding those in full time education);
- About to leave school without a positive destination;
- School leavers without a positive destination;
- In low paid employment;
- At risk of redundancy;
- At risk of losing an apprenticeship;
- Leaving training, volunteering, college or university without a positive destination;
- Without qualifications at SCQF 5 or above; or
If you are an employer and interested in providing a job placement under the Young Person Guarantee scheme, please refer to: Employer support – Shetland Islands Council
Accepted applications will depend on funding available.