The Shetland Family Centre provides a wide range of services, using a multi agency approach
Within the building we have staff from both Children’s Resources and Education and we work together to best meet the needs of individual children.
Our main functions are to:
- Promote early intervention
- Promote positive parenting
- Support vulnerable children, young people and their families
- Promote play
- Support the education and development of children not attending school because of ill health or who are home educated
- Support pre-school children who have barriers to learning, either in a group or one to one setting, dependent on the needs of the child and family
- Support transition to nursery and school and work closely with families to ensure the smoothest possible journey into education.