Baltasound is a large and well-serviced harbour sheltered by the isle of Balta, across the mouth of the sound and by the high ground to the north and west. The marina may not suitable for some visiting yachts.
There is also a suitable anchorage south west of the pier.
|Position||60 45' N 00 50' W|
|North Coast of Scotland Pilot||section ref 6.369|
|Water Depth||5.0 metres|
|Tidal Date (estimated)||
MHWS = 2.4 MHWN = 1.9
|Tidal Differences||Approx time of high water from Lerwick = minus 0045|
- Water, stores and fuel are available at Baltasound.
- Minor welding repairs can be carried out.
- There is a truck and ferry access to Shetland's Mainland.
- Major town services and fishmarkets are 52 miles by road and ferry.
- Net mending facilities are also available.