- Please wear a face covering, and observe hand hygiene requests.
PCs are free to use for both members and visitors, but we recommend pre-booking. Booking slots are for one hour. Extensions of up to one hour may be possible depending on demand. Cleaning materials will be available and staff sanitise workstations every morning.
The computers will close down automatically 15 minutes before the building closes. Please make sure you have saved or printed all your work before your PC logs you off and restarts, as staff cannot extend your session or recover lost documents.
Booking a computer can be done on any PC or mobile device, or you can ask a staff member to do it for you.
Free Wi-fi is available throughout the library buildings and grounds. A wireless printer is available for public use. Please ask a staff member for information on how to connect your device. Print prices as below.
- Good quality Windows 10 computers with free internet access.
- Use of Microsoft software - Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint and Publisher
- Printing - both black & white and colour (10p and 30p per sheet)
- Three colour A3 flatbed scanners.
- USB (flash) drives and headphones are for sale.
- Access to quality subscription reference web sites, e.g. European Newsstream and Britannica Online - see the link below for more information.
'Click' drop ins are currently suspended but please ask staff if you need help and we'll do all we can to assist.
We have some advice and a few rules to encourage responsible and safe use of our computers and the public wifi network described in our Acceptable use policy
Accessibility aids for computers
Find out about the helpful hardware and software you can use in the Learning Centre by dropping along, or please contact Nicola Sinclair on 01595 743868 for more information.